School is wrapping up. Field trips are popping up everywhere. Little League is into the playoffs stage. End of season parties are in the books. We’ve navigated May and are plunging into June.
Right on schedule my head feels like it’s going to explode.
But don’t worry! May always brings me to the full-adrenalin verge of deliriously happy exhaustion. In a couple of weeks we’ll stop setting the alarm, stop having games every night, and just stop. And maybe breathe. And enjoy a few weeks of hot and outdoor and always-together summer fun before happily starting it all over again.
That’s the turning of the year. I love it.
So! For those of you already facing the long days of summer (and for those of us who can feel it coming), a few warm and glowing things for your brain.
- Summer gatherings are coming up. How each personality type parties. I’m an ENTP and my husband is an INFJ. This is spot on for us and made me chuckle for a week.
- I am so going to do this project this summer. I think my kids will love it, too.
- This also looks easy and fun.
- This is a concept I’ve been thinking a lot about lately. The small, happy life. Not much to this article, but it’s enough to start us thinking. Let’s meet back here and discuss more thoughts later.
- And on a much less serious note, let’s know what to do if we see any bears in the wild this summer. You can’t be too prepared. (Warning: not a kid friendly link. Lots of swears but enough laughs that you’ll feel forgiving.)
- Speaking of wildlife, remember when we speculated on what to do if zoo animals showed up in our yard? Now we know.
- And finally, a song to make you happy this summer. The boy and I could not stop singing it after we heard it the other day. And why should we? Sing it all away, my darlings.
Happy Summer, everyone!