Right on schedule my head feels like it’s going to explode.
But don’t worry! May always brings me to the full-adrenalin verge of deliriously happy exhaustion. In a couple of weeks we’ll stop setting the alarm, stop having games every night, and just stop. And maybe breathe. And enjoy a few weeks of hot and outdoor and always-together summer fun before happily starting it all over again.
That’s the turning of the year. I love it.
So! For those of you already facing the long days of summer (and for those of us who can feel it coming), a few warm and glowing things for your brain.
- Summer gatherings are coming up. How each personality type parties. I’m an ENTP and my husband is an INFJ. This is spot on for us and made me chuckle for a week.
- I am so going to do this project this summer. I think my kids will love it, too.
- This also looks easy and fun.
- This is a concept I’ve been thinking a lot about lately. The small, happy life. Not much to this article, but it’s enough to start us thinking. Let’s meet back here and discuss more thoughts later.
- And on a much less serious note, let’s know what to do if we see any bears in the wild this summer. You can’t be too prepared. (Warning: not a kid friendly link. Lots of swears but enough laughs that you’ll feel forgiving.)
- Speaking of wildlife, remember when we speculated on what to do if zoo animals showed up in our yard? Now we know.
- And finally, a song to make you happy this summer. The boy and I could not stop singing it after we heard it the other day. And why should we? Sing it all away, my darlings.
Happy Summer, everyone!