Because it’s Christmas, and you can’t just have gold on Christmas. A snowman told me so.
It’s a busy, people, parties, presents, cookies, drinks, and family kind of week. I thrive on chaos, but we’ve reached a new high around here, so I may possibly have upped the stress eating more than is recommended. (Is there a recommended amount of stress eating? If the answer is none, please don’t tell me.)
Don’t worry, though. I still have your back. I know that (the ten of) you are counting on some distraction. Your kids are off school for two weeks. You need this Check it out:
- I do this ALL THE TIME, but, you know, in my head. Making it into an Instagram account was genius, especially since they’re highly entertaining. Also, this could be a really fun game with kids.
- You might find the rest of these entertaining, but you absolutely HAVE to watch the first one. With your kids. There’s this one moment…you’ll know it when it happens. It made my girls gasp and giggle.
- Fascinating little story about a dude who built a theater in the desert and then, surprise! never got to use it. It’s abandoned now. It’s the pictures that make this worth while. I want to make up all sorts of fun stories about that place.
- And when I’m done writing mysteries about the desert, I’m writing something very dramatic that takes place here. (But I don’t want to go there, thank you. Weather that could make those ice sculptures is not my kind of weather.)
- Ever since we saw Mockingjay, this song keeps getting stuck in my head. I’m haunted. If you haven’t seen the movie yet and this song doesn’t make you want to, we need to have a long talk.
- Not to let the real world into this space too much, but this was one of my favorite reads of the last couple of weeks. Chris Rock is a smart and thoughtful man. And that stands even if you don’t agree with his politics or like his comedy.
- Joy is a choice (yes, I’m annoying and actually say things like that). Choose joy by watching this video. Walk off the Earth always makes me smile, so if this isn’t enough to lift your stress, click the links after the song and enjoy more of their delightful work. You won’t be sorry.
Feliz Navidad, everyone. Happy, happy days to you all.